Best Blogger Tips

Sunday 1 January 2012

Being Understanding

Here is a particularly favourite line of mine in the Korean Drama 'The Last Scandal of My Life'.  It is Sun Hee's reply when she was scolded by Dong Hwa on how she's being lax with her job, leaving the kids with a guest (Na Yoon) while going out on personal business (though an important one)


Sun Hee: “I know I’ve made many mistakes during this time and been lacking. But in your words, as a woman with a child, I have done nothing I’m ashamed of. Because I’m human, I’ve lied and made mistakes involuntarily. But that was because I was so desperate, and didn’t know it was a crime. It’s not something I did with evil intent or purposely. Because you’re perfect, my words may sound like excuses, but hearing this from you is so unjust I couldn’t hold back. To you, my work may seem worthless, but in all my life, if there’s one job I’ve done well, it’s holding my family together. You might ask what’s so great about that since everyone does it, but sometimes something that seems so easy to one person can be, to another person, excruciatingly difficult. So, apologize.”


Here, she talked about on holding the family together. But it could be just anything. We tend to look down on people, never thinking that perhaps they are trying their hardest? Sometimes we just can't understand how some people just can't do something so simple, but turns out that it is not all that simple to them. Hey it doesn't mean we are letting them off the hook, but scolding and finding them more inferior than you, how is that going to help? Place yourself in their shoes. 


This, is a reminder to me. ME. You would be surprised on how forgiving you could be if you just stop to think.Think. They need a little guidance, but making mistakes is all part of the learning process. Till later, chou and reflect ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...